Part time Systems Designer and Programmer needed to lead development of an advanced version of the Computerized Growing Chambers (CGC) currently used by the Green House Venture, with initial assistance from the inventor and developer of the first generation of chambers.
The Venture donates CGCs to schools to enhance science education for elementary-school students, most of them underserved, with the goal of opening paths to higher education and rewarding careers.
Competencies sought in the Lead Developer:
Required: Training and experience in Python programming, Github, and LINUX.
Desirable: Experience with Raspberry Pi and Arduino Microcontrollers; Python Frameworks (Flask and Django); PostGres, SQL, NoSQL; Data visualization, AWS, Cloud Integration, and/or IOT (Internet of Things).
- To learn from the designer of Phase 1 CGCs, Mr. Phil Speth, their hardware configurations and software functions, which have evolved as the six chambers have been fabricated over a span of several years.
- With Mr. Speth’s initial advice and assistance, to take over as designer and developer of Phase 2 CGCs.
- To oversee beta testing of a prototype and modifications to overcome problems.
- To teach paid Interns and technicians to fabricate the Phase 2 chambers.
- To fully document the Phase 2 hardware and software for future users.
Workload, start dates, and stipend:
$60/hour for an estimated 22 weeks @ 15 hours/week. Total stipend: $20,000.
Ideally, the development, testing, and documentation of the Phase 2 chambers can be completed over the course of nine months, beginning in September 2022 and ending in May 2023.
We expect Phase 3 development involving advanced Internet and Cloud applications to begin immediately after Phase 2. Ideally, the Lead Developer will continue in a similar role